Students in many MTDA original credit courses are required to take final exams in a proctored, secure exam environment.
Rationale: Per the request of both MTDA teachers and participating school district administrators and teachers, MTDA will ask local districts to create a proctored environment for class finals should that be necessary in specific MTDA courses. You can see a list of exams that require proctoring starting April 12, 2017 on this page: PUBLIC Link.
Procedures for proctored exams:
- MTDA will offer student finals during their final exam period, scheduled for May 23-25, 2017.
- NEW this semester, expected exam time frame will be included with pass codes and other exam instructions.
- Proctor exams must be monitored by an adult (for example, a counselor, teacher, administrator or paraprofessional) named by the local site facilitator or school. We have created a document with “best practices” for test proctors (see below). It may not be proctored by a parent or another student.
- The designated proctor must supervise the student for the entire duration of the final exam.
- All proctored exams are pass code protected. The pass codes will be sent to the primary contact from each school, and that person should distribute pass codes to the designated proctors the week of May 2, 2017. It is the responsibility of the local site facilitator to share appropriate pass codes with designated proctors. Pass codes are to remain secure, and shared only with appropriate school personnel.
- Proctored exams mean that students have access to no other materials during the exam, including notes, textbooks, translators or other course materials. Some courses ask for additional factors as noted on the digital pass code sheet.
- Designated proctors must also monitor students to make sure that additional browser windows are not open and that electronic devices like cell phones, iPads, tablet PCs, etc are not being used during the exam.
- No finals will be available before May 23, 2017, with the exception of prior arrangements made for early exiting seniors. All final exams must be completed by May 25, 2017. There will be a makeup day for exams on May 26, 2017 for students with verifiable medical excuses only.
** Spring Tests Only: As in past semesters, some AP courses will require earlier final examinations based on the AP exam schedule for students. **
Please direct questions about proctoring to Christen Cole, MTDA Instructional Registrar, email@example.com, 406-203-1812. Thank you for your cooperation.
Finals Proctoring Information Best Practices
Please print this document for sharing with your named proctored linked HERE.
Good morning from the MTDA offices in Missoula.
Enrollment for the Summer 2017 High School Original Credit and High School Credit Recovery programs are open as of 8 am this morning.
If you haven’t already done so, please read our announcement related to funding/availability, and also review the briefing pages (see the left-hand side of this page) for details.
If you have any questions, please contact our staff in Missoula, support (at) montanadigitalacademy.org or 406-2013-1812.
Attention all students, facilitators, and parents: On Wednesday, April 12, 2017, MTDA will be moving to a new helpdesk platform. We will make the transition throughout the day. MTDA staff doesn’t expect any disruption in service or and issues for end users.
If you have any questions, please contact Jason Neiffer, MTDA Assistant Director/Curriculum Director, at 405-203-1812 or jason.neiffer (at) montanadigitalacademy.org.
Hello from the MTDA offices at the University of Montana in Missoula.
Please see the link below for the latest update related to MTDA funding and Summer 2017 availability!
MTDA Budget Update 04052017
Please contact our staff in Missoula if you have any questions.
Per our previous announcement, we are unable to open up the Summer 2017 High School Credit Recovery session until our funding is resolved at the Legislature.
All enrollments enrolled in the Spring term will continue to be spring enrollments. We are unable to roll progress forward to a future semester.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
If you have any questions, please contact the MTDA staff, staff (at) montanadigitalacademy.org, or, 406-203-1812.
Montana Digital Academy offices will be closed on Monday, February 20, 2017 for Presidents’ Day. No teacher services are available on that day and the help desk will not be monitored.
Per our academic calendar, today, February 13, 2017, is the high school original course drop deadline. Please put in drop requests ASAP today, with a special focus on your inactive students and mistaken enrollments.
After today, all classes that are dropped at your request are considered WF/F for reporting purposes.
Per our academic calendar, today, January 30, 2017, is the last day for late enrollment in our Spring 2017 high school original credit program. No enrollments will be accepted after 6pm tonight in any class.
Please send any questions to the support desk, firstname.lastname@example.org!
Hello from the Montana Digital Academy offices in Missoula! As previously announced, open enrollment ended on our “Guaranteed Enrollment Deadline” on January 18, 2017. However, we have added sections to as many courses as possible to keep enrollments open. A list of open classes appears at this link: HERE. The list is updated in real time. Enrollment in open courses is first come, first served. We are unable to reserve spots for closed courses.
The final deadline for enrollment is Monday, January 30, 2017, at 6pm. We do want to caution you that students starting late in the program often experience trouble getting caught up to speed. We ask that you assist the student and MTDA teacher by pushing that student to get logged in right away and completing assignments.
If you have any questions, help is just an email (email@example.com) or phone call (406-203-1812) away!
Attention site facilitators: As a reminder, Wednesday, January 18, 2017, is the guaranteed enrollment deadline for high school original credit for Spring 2017. After tomorrow, MTDA will be sectioning off courses and full courses will be closed to enrollment.
As always, we are eager to answer your questions. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for prompt, friendly service!