Students in many MTDA original credit courses are required to take final exams in a proctored, secure exam environment.
Rationale: Per the request of both MTDA teachers and participating school district administrators and teachers, MTDA will ask local districts to create a proctored environment for class finals should that be necessary in specific MTDA courses. You can see a list of exams that require proctoring starting April 13, 2018 on this page: PUBLIC Link.
Procedures for proctored exams:
- MTDA will offer student finals during their final exam period, scheduled for May 21-23, 2018.
- NEW this semester, expected exam time frame will be included with passcodes and other exam instructions.
- Proctor exams must be monitored by an adult (for example, a counselor, teacher, administrator or paraprofessional) named by the local site facilitator or school. We have created a document with “best practices” for test proctors (see below). It may not be proctored by a parent or another student.
- The designated proctor must supervise the student for the entire duration of the final exam.
- All proctored exams are passcode protected. The passcodes will be sent to the primary contact from each school, and that person should distribute passcodes to the designated proctors the week of May 7, 2018. It is the responsibility of the local site facilitator to share appropriate passcodes with designated proctors. Passcodes are to remain secure, and shared only with appropriate school personnel.
- Proctored exams mean that students have access to no other materials during the exam, including notes, textbooks, translators or other course materials. Some courses ask for additional factors as noted on the digital passcode sheet.
- Designated proctors must also monitor students to make sure that additional browser windows are not open and that electronic devices like cell phones, iPads, tablet PCs, etc are not being used during the exam.
- No finals will be available before May 21, 2018, with the exception of prior arrangements made for early exiting seniors. All final exams must be completed by May 23, 2018. There will be a makeup day for exams on May 24-25, 2018 for students with verifiable medical excuses only.
** Spring Tests Only: As in past semesters, some AP courses will require earlier final examinations based on the AP exam schedule for students. **
Finals Proctoring Information Best Practices
Please print this document for sharing with your named proctored linked HERE.
Please direct questions about proctoring to Christen Cole, MTDA Instructional Registrar, email@example.com, 406-203-1812. Thank you for your cooperation.
An update: MTDA systems appear to be up and functioning as normal. The total outage was less than an hour. We are investigating the cause of the issue along with our vendor.
If you are still experiencing issues, please contact the help desk, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good morning from the MTDA offices. Moodle, the primary location for all MTDA classes, is currently down with a reported “fatal error.” MTDA staff is aware of the problem and we are currently working on a solution with our partner. Please check back in this space for updates.
We apologize for any inconvenience.
Montana Digital Academy offices will be closed on Monday, February 19, 2018 for Presidents’ Day. No teacher services are available on that day and the help desk will not be monitored.
Reminder: Enrollment will remain open for high school original credit classes until the end of business today, January 26, 2018, with the exception of classes that fill. At this point, we have room in the vast majority of courses! Enroll away!
The Spring 2018 initial course request deadline has passed and we have sectioned off courses and assigned teachers. Enrollment remains open for Spring 2018
with remaining course capacity open for your students. The vast majority of our courses have additional capacity for enrollment.
You can see an always-updated list of available courses by clicking here
For the handful of courses that have hit enrollment caps, that course will no longer appear for enrollment in GeniusSIS. We don’t have a means of keeping a waitlist, however, we will process any drop we receive at 9:59 am each weekday so that you can check for open slots at 10:00 am each morning, first come, first served.
Please don’t hesitate to contact our staff if you have any questions!
Enrollment will remain open for high school original credit classes until January 26, 2018, with the exception of classes that fill. At this point, we have room in the vast majority of courses! Enroll away!
Good day from the MTDA offices in Missoula!
Montana Digital Academy offices at the University of Montana are closed on Monday, 15 January 2018, for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Our staff will be monitoring the helpdesk throughout the weekend, support (at) montanadigitalacademy.org.
Attention all facilitators and local support folks:
High School Original Credit Reminders
High school original credit finals are next week, January 16-18, 2018. We have already sent out proctoring information to both students and facilitators. If this process is unfamiliar to you or believe you haven’t received a needed notification, please contact MTDA support right away, email@example.com, for assistance.
We need your help locally to identify students that need proctoring and then set up the appropriate environment. Our final windows is limited to the three days next week. Please assist by connecting with your original credit students to confirm whether or not they require a proctored final and then set up the needed environment. Thank you!
High School Credit Recovery Reminders
The high school credit recovery programs ends on January 19, 2018. As in past semesters, we have a process for extensions in this program. All facilitators and local support should review our policy and procedure right away on our Fall 2017 briefing page.
If you have any questions about this process, don’t hesitate to contact us.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, let’s connect and chat! Contact us via our office phone or support desk.
Per our academic calendar, we will be running a limited schedule from December 21, 2017, to January 1, 2018.
During that time:
- Teacher services will not be available. You are encouraged to email your teachers with any issues, however, you will likely not receive a response until January 2nd.
- The MTDA offices in Missoula are closed on December 25th and January 1st. We will observe our normal business hours on other weekdays, 8am-5pm. Light staffing will be available to assist with questions.
- Support desk services are available but may be limited or delayed. Support tickets should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
From all of our teachers and staff at MTDA, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!
We want to convey to all of the schools and students we serve that we have been able to efficiently manage MTDA resources so that we are in a position to meet your enrollment needs for the upcoming spring semester. We continue to ask that you assist us in making the best use of MTDA resources by thoughtfully and deliberately enrolling students that you feel will be successful in online classes. While there still may be some uncertainty in what the long-term future will bring, concerning funding levels, we can say with confidence that we will be able to fulfill your enrollment needs for the Spring 2018 semester.
The MTDA Team