Attention site facilitators: As a reminder, Wednesday, June 7, 2017, is the guaranteed enrollment deadline for high school original credit for Summer 2017. After today at 3:00 pm, MTDA will be sectioning off courses and full courses will be closed to enrollment.
As always, we are eager to answer your questions. Contact email@example.com for prompt, friendly service!
Attention all users:
Montana Digital Academy’s offices will be closed from 5:00 pm, Friday, May 26, 2017, until 8:00 am on Tuesday, May 29, 2017, at 8 am. During that time, there will be no teacher services or help desk services available.
Please send any questions to the support desk, firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions and concerns will be answered when the offices open on Tuesday.
Attention facilitators and local support personnel: MTDA has posted updates to the Spring 2017 High School Credit Recovery briefing page (link) concerning our end-of-semester timelines and procedures. As there has been a change in our process, so, please review right away to be aware of our workflow and procedures.
On Wednesday, May 10, 2017, Governor Bullock signed House Bill 2, effectively locking in our budget for the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 program years.
As previously announced, the final budget provides MTDA with the same level of funding that we received for the 2015-17 biennium. This is $660,000 short of our funding request which was designed to continue to allow for growth in student enrollments.
For Summer 2017, we will run the original credit and credit recovery programs as announced on our program briefing pages, located here: original credit and credit recovery. Please review these pages carefully, including the request for summer credit recovery programs to fill out site survey so we may plan our summer staffing.
As part of our resource management plan, we request that schools be mindful and deliberate when enrolling students and take the likelihood of student success into account before registration.
As always, we expect schools to work through the entrance counseling form with students before enrollment in the original credit program. We have experience that students that do not receive the relevant information in the entrance counseling form do not understand the time-intensive summer format, ultimately diminishing the chances of student success.
MTDA staff is currently working on a rollout of Fall 2017 information related to program availability, enrollment request deadlines, and any changes based on our available resources.
Students in many MTDA original credit courses are required to take final exams in a proctored, secure exam environment.
Rationale: Per the request of both MTDA teachers and participating school district administrators and teachers, MTDA will ask local districts to create a proctored environment for class finals should that be necessary in specific MTDA courses. You can see a list of exams that require proctoring starting April 12, 2017 on this page: PUBLIC Link.
Procedures for proctored exams:
- MTDA will offer student finals during their final exam period, scheduled for May 23-25, 2017.
- NEW this semester, expected exam time frame will be included with pass codes and other exam instructions.
- Proctor exams must be monitored by an adult (for example, a counselor, teacher, administrator or paraprofessional) named by the local site facilitator or school. We have created a document with “best practices” for test proctors (see below). It may not be proctored by a parent or another student.
- The designated proctor must supervise the student for the entire duration of the final exam.
- All proctored exams are pass code protected. The pass codes will be sent to the primary contact from each school, and that person should distribute pass codes to the designated proctors the week of May 2, 2017. It is the responsibility of the local site facilitator to share appropriate pass codes with designated proctors. Pass codes are to remain secure, and shared only with appropriate school personnel.
- Proctored exams mean that students have access to no other materials during the exam, including notes, textbooks, translators or other course materials. Some courses ask for additional factors as noted on the digital pass code sheet.
- Designated proctors must also monitor students to make sure that additional browser windows are not open and that electronic devices like cell phones, iPads, tablet PCs, etc are not being used during the exam.
- No finals will be available before May 23, 2017, with the exception of prior arrangements made for early exiting seniors. All final exams must be completed by May 25, 2017. There will be a makeup day for exams on May 26, 2017 for students with verifiable medical excuses only.
** Spring Tests Only: As in past semesters, some AP courses will require earlier final examinations based on the AP exam schedule for students. **
Please direct questions about proctoring to Christen Cole, MTDA Instructional Registrar, email@example.com, 406-203-1812. Thank you for your cooperation.
Finals Proctoring Information Best Practices
Please print this document for sharing with your named proctored linked HERE.
Good morning from the MTDA offices in Missoula.
Enrollment for the Summer 2017 High School Original Credit and High School Credit Recovery programs are open as of 8 am this morning.
If you haven’t already done so, please read our announcement related to funding/availability, and also review the briefing pages (see the left-hand side of this page) for details.
If you have any questions, please contact our staff in Missoula, support (at) montanadigitalacademy.org or 406-2013-1812.
Attention all students, facilitators, and parents: On Wednesday, April 12, 2017, MTDA will be moving to a new helpdesk platform. We will make the transition throughout the day. MTDA staff doesn’t expect any disruption in service or and issues for end users.
If you have any questions, please contact Jason Neiffer, MTDA Assistant Director/Curriculum Director, at 405-203-1812 or jason.neiffer (at) montanadigitalacademy.org.
Hello from the MTDA offices at the University of Montana in Missoula.
Please see the link below for the latest update related to MTDA funding and Summer 2017 availability!
MTDA Budget Update 04052017
Please contact our staff in Missoula if you have any questions.
Per our previous announcement, we are unable to open up the Summer 2017 High School Credit Recovery session until our funding is resolved at the Legislature.
All enrollments enrolled in the Spring term will continue to be spring enrollments. We are unable to roll progress forward to a future semester.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
If you have any questions, please contact the MTDA staff, staff (at) montanadigitalacademy.org, or, 406-203-1812.
Montana Digital Academy offices will be closed on Monday, February 20, 2017 for Presidents’ Day. No teacher services are available on that day and the help desk will not be monitored.