As a reminder, you must be working for a Montana public school district to work for Montana Digital Academy. Temporary positions like substitutes do not qualify.
Montana Digital Academy seeks LEAD TEACHERS to assist in directing course curriculum selection and development as well as teaching the first section of the course each semester. MTDA Lead Teachers work with the MTDA Assistant Director/Curriculum Director to evaluate curriculum and mind provide oversight to all sections of the course to guarantee consistent, high quality, standards-based instruction. The position may require contract work during the summer for curriculum development when needed. Positions are open until filled.
Typically, MTDA doesn’t recruit Lead Teachers externally, as we generally fill these positions with experienced online teachers that work as part of our online teacher bench. If you are interested in working for MTDA, consider applying for online teachers and credit recovery positions below.
- Language Teachers
- MTDA seeks teachers that have licensure and endorsements as listed below for online course development and online teaching work:
Assiniboine K-12 Licensure Endorsement Area: 06Z ASB Blackfeet K-12 Licensure Endorsement Area: 06Z BLA Cheyenne K-12 Licensure Endorsement Area: 06Z CHE Chippewa K-12 Licensure Endorsement Area: 06Z CHI Cree K-12 Licensure Endorsement Area: 06Z CRE Crow K-12 Licensure Endorsement Area: 06Z CRO Dakota K-12 Licensure Endorsement Area: 06Z DAK Gros Ventre K-12 Licensure Endorsement Area: 06Z GV Kootenai K-12 Licensure Endorsement Area: 06Z KOO Salish K-12 Licensure Endorsement Area: 06Z SAL
Montana Digital Academy seeks qualified Montana-licensed teachers to work as online instructors to teach Montana Digital Academy courses for 2021-2022. All online teacher positions are dependent on enrollment, but, MTDA anticipates needs in the following subject areas:
- Art/Digital Photography (successful candidates will fill extra sections as needed based on enrollment; successful candidates will be endorsed 5-12 or K-12 Art)
- Family and Consumer Science
- Social Studies (likely need)
- English/Language Arts (likely need)
- Mathematics (especially teachers that are qualified to teach dual credit classes, per the Montana University System’s dual credit teacher requirements)
- Health Enhancement
- Physical Education
- Health Occupations (successful candidates must be endorsed 14*)
- Agriculture (successful candidates must be endorsed 18*)
- Computer Science and Related Courses (successful candidates must be endorsed 10S CIS, 12S BUS, 12D CIS, 12S CS; experience with content preferred)
Teaching opportunities are generally for fall and spring programming. MTDA summer positions are typically filled by existing staff. At this time, we do not anticipate needing any summer-only positions for Summer 2021.
Credit Recovery Teachers
MTDA seeks Credit Recovery Teachers for future semesters to work with MTDA Connect, our flexible credit recovery program.
- Social Studies
To apply for an MTDA instructional position, follow these steps:
- Read the job descriptions below as well as the teacher compensation information.
- Download the application below.
- Send a completed application as well as a current resume/CV and a letter of support from a supervisor to the email below.
All positions are open until filled. All application materials must be emailed only to email@example.com. All questions about the teacher application process should be directed to Jason Neiffer, MTDA Assistant Director/Curriculum Director, 406-203-1812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MTDA Lead Teacher Job Description
- MTDA Online Teacher Job Description
- MTDA Academic Area Coach (Credit Recovery) Job Description