Per our academic calendar, today, February 13, 2017, is the high school original course drop deadline. Please put in drop requests ASAP today, with a special focus on your inactive students and mistaken enrollments.
After today, all classes that are dropped at your request are considered WF/F for reporting purposes.
Per our academic calendar, today, January 30, 2017, is the last day for late enrollment in our Spring 2017 high school original credit program. No enrollments will be accepted after 6pm tonight in any class.
Please send any questions to the support desk, email@example.com!
Hello from the Montana Digital Academy offices in Missoula! As previously announced, open enrollment ended on our “Guaranteed Enrollment Deadline” on January 18, 2017. However, we have added sections to as many courses as possible to keep enrollments open. A list of open classes appears at this link: HERE. The list is updated in real time. Enrollment in open courses is first come, first served. We are unable to reserve spots for closed courses.
The final deadline for enrollment is Monday, January 30, 2017, at 6pm. We do want to caution you that students starting late in the program often experience trouble getting caught up to speed. We ask that you assist the student and MTDA teacher by pushing that student to get logged in right away and completing assignments.
If you have any questions, help is just an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone call (406-203-1812) away!
Attention site facilitators: As a reminder, Wednesday, January 18, 2017, is the guaranteed enrollment deadline for high school original credit for Spring 2017. After tomorrow, MTDA will be sectioning off courses and full courses will be closed to enrollment.
As always, we are eager to answer your questions. Contact email@example.com for prompt, friendly service!
Attention all users: Montana Digital Academy will be closed on Monday, January 16, 2017 for Martin Luther King day.
This means that our office, help desk, and teacher services will not be available until Tuesday at 8am.
The online classroom will remain open 24/7 over the weekend.
We’d like to announce our holiday schedule. We will be running a limited schedule from December 22, 2016, to January 2, 2017.
During that time:
- Teacher services will not be available. You are encouraged to email your teachers with any issues, however, you will likely not receive a response until January 3rd.
- The MTDA offices in Missoula are closed on December 26th and January 2nd. We will observe our normal business hours on other weekdays, 8am-5pm.
- Support desk services are available but may be limited or delayed. Support tickets should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
From all of our teachers and staff at MTDA, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!
Attention site facilitators! Enrollment for Spring 2017 High School Original Credit and Middle School Multi-Language Sampler is open and ready for your enrollments!
Please review the briefing pages, located on the upper-left hand side of this page for details!
Students in many MTDA original credit courses are required to take final exams in a proctored, secure exam environment.
Rationale: Per the request of both MTDA teachers and participating school district administrators and teachers, MTDA will ask local districts to create a proctored environment for class finals should that be necessary in specific MTDA courses. You can see a list of exams that require proctoring starting November 30, 2016 on this page: PUBLIC Link.
Procedures for proctored exams:
- MTDA will offer student finals during their final exam period, scheduled for January 17-19, 2017. The exam will generally take no longer than two hours.
- Proctor exams must be monitored by an adult (for example, a counselor, teacher, administrator or paraprofessional) named by the local site facilitator or school. We have created a document with “best practices” for test proctors (see below). It may not be proctored by a parent or another student.
- The designated proctor must supervise the student for the entire duration of the final exam.
- All proctored exams are password protected. The passwords will be sent to the primary contact from each school, and that person should distribute passwords to the designated proctors the week of January 2, 2017. It is the responsibility of the local site facilitator to share appropriate passwords with designated proctors. Passwords are to remain secure, and shared only with appropriate school personnel.
- Proctored exams mean that students have access to no other materials during the exam, including notes, textbooks, translators or other course materials. Some courses ask for additional factors as noted on the digital password sheet.
- Designated proctors must also monitor students to make sure that additional browser windows are not open and that electronic devices like cell phones, iPads, tablet PCs, etc are not being used during the exam.
- No finals will be available before January 17, 2017, with the exception of prior arrangements made for early exiting seniors. All final exams must be completed by January 19, 2017. There will be a makeup period for exams on January 20, 2017 for students with verifiable medical excuses only.
Finals Proctoring Information Best Practices
Please print this document for sharing with your named proctored linked HERE.
Please direct questions about proctoring to Christen Cole, MTDA Instructional Registrar, email@example.com, 406-203-1812. Thank you for your cooperation.
Hello from Montana Digital Academy!
Montana Digital Academy will be closed from 5pm, Wednesday, November 23, 2016 to 8am, Monday, November 28, 2016 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
During that time, our online classrooms will remain open, however, our offices and help desk will be closed. There will also be no teacher services available.
Hello from MTDA offices in Missoula!
MTDA has moved open enrollment for the Spring 2017 High School Original Credit and Middle-School Multi-Language Sampler to the week of December 5, 2016. MTDA staff is currently evaluating available resources and staffing for the spring program and will be able to take enrollments and announce availability then.
If you have any questions, please contact Jason Neiffer, MTDA Assistant Director/Curriculum Director, at jason.neiffer (at) montanadigitalacademy.org.