Attention all users: Montana Digital Academy will be closed on Monday, January 16, 2017 for Martin Luther King day.
This means that our office, help desk, and teacher services will not be available until Tuesday at 8am.
The online classroom will remain open 24/7 over the weekend.
We’d like to announce our holiday schedule. We will be running a limited schedule from December 22, 2016, to January 2, 2017.
During that time:
- Teacher services will not be available. You are encouraged to email your teachers with any issues, however, you will likely not receive a response until January 3rd.
- The MTDA offices in Missoula are closed on December 26th and January 2nd. We will observe our normal business hours on other weekdays, 8am-5pm.
- Support desk services are available but may be limited or delayed. Support tickets should be directed to email@example.com.
From all of our teachers and staff at MTDA, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!
Attention site facilitators! Enrollment for Spring 2017 High School Original Credit and Middle School Multi-Language Sampler is open and ready for your enrollments!
Please review the briefing pages, located on the upper-left hand side of this page for details!
Students in many MTDA original credit courses are required to take final exams in a proctored, secure exam environment.
Rationale: Per the request of both MTDA teachers and participating school district administrators and teachers, MTDA will ask local districts to create a proctored environment for class finals should that be necessary in specific MTDA courses. You can see a list of exams that require proctoring starting November 30, 2016 on this page: PUBLIC Link.
Procedures for proctored exams:
- MTDA will offer student finals during their final exam period, scheduled for January 17-19, 2017. The exam will generally take no longer than two hours.
- Proctor exams must be monitored by an adult (for example, a counselor, teacher, administrator or paraprofessional) named by the local site facilitator or school. We have created a document with “best practices” for test proctors (see below). It may not be proctored by a parent or another student.
- The designated proctor must supervise the student for the entire duration of the final exam.
- All proctored exams are password protected. The passwords will be sent to the primary contact from each school, and that person should distribute passwords to the designated proctors the week of January 2, 2017. It is the responsibility of the local site facilitator to share appropriate passwords with designated proctors. Passwords are to remain secure, and shared only with appropriate school personnel.
- Proctored exams mean that students have access to no other materials during the exam, including notes, textbooks, translators or other course materials. Some courses ask for additional factors as noted on the digital password sheet.
- Designated proctors must also monitor students to make sure that additional browser windows are not open and that electronic devices like cell phones, iPads, tablet PCs, etc are not being used during the exam.
- No finals will be available before January 17, 2017, with the exception of prior arrangements made for early exiting seniors. All final exams must be completed by January 19, 2017. There will be a makeup period for exams on January 20, 2017 for students with verifiable medical excuses only.
Finals Proctoring Information Best Practices
Please print this document for sharing with your named proctored linked HERE.
Please direct questions about proctoring to Christen Cole, MTDA Instructional Registrar, firstname.lastname@example.org, 406-203-1812. Thank you for your cooperation.
Hello from Montana Digital Academy!
Montana Digital Academy will be closed from 5pm, Wednesday, November 23, 2016 to 8am, Monday, November 28, 2016 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
During that time, our online classrooms will remain open, however, our offices and help desk will be closed. There will also be no teacher services available.
Hello from MTDA offices in Missoula!
MTDA has moved open enrollment for the Spring 2017 High School Original Credit and Middle-School Multi-Language Sampler to the week of December 5, 2016. MTDA staff is currently evaluating available resources and staffing for the spring program and will be able to take enrollments and announce availability then.
If you have any questions, please contact Jason Neiffer, MTDA Assistant Director/Curriculum Director, at jason.neiffer (at) montanadigitalacademy.org.
Hello from MTDA offices in Missoula!
Per our academic calendars, MTDA will be closed October 20-21, 2016, for the statewide professional development and teacher conference week. Closed means that:
- The MTDA offices in Missoula are closed until 8am, Monday, October 24, 2016.
- The MTDA support desk will only be lightly monitored for emergencies. Helpdesk services will be active again at 8am, Monday, October 24, 2016.
- Teachers are not expected to answer emails during the break, however, some/many will likely track email.
- The online classrooms will remain open, 24/7.
Available again this fall, MTDA has a weekly progress report available to sites that utilize our credit recovery program. The report is not automatically generated and first-time credit recovery support staff need to schedule an appointment with MTDA staff to discuss how to read and interpret the data.
If you are interested in receiving the weekly report, please contact the MTDA staff via the help desk, email@example.com.
Tuesday, September 27, 2016, represents the final drop deadline for the Fall 2016 semester. Local facilitators are responsible for putting drop requests into the MTDA student information system. Directions on how to do so appear in our facilitator handbook. A convenient short link to the click-by-click is available here:http://mtda.link/droprequest.
Dropping students that are inactive, no longer in your school, or transferred to a face-to-face program is extremely important to conserve limited MTDA resources as all students that stay in the program past the add/drop period incur program costs. We rely on you for your assistance here. Thank you!
After the drop deadline, students that drop the program should receive an appropriate designation on their local transcript.
Attention MTDA local schools and teachers:
The MTDA support desk email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, is currently down. We have connected with vendors to resolve the issue but do not have an estimate on when it will be resolved.
Please defer support tickets to our online form: http://support.montanadigitalacademy.org. Ticket responses will be slowed today until our systems are up and going.