Spring 2017 High School Credit Recovery Briefing
Spring 2017 High School Credit Recovery Briefing
Counselors, Administrators and Site Facilitators
Are you new to the MTDA credit recovery program or have you not utilized credit recovery in more than a year? Please contact our support desk to schedule a call to talk about the format and the requirements for support for local schools!
Notice to students and parents: This information is intended for distribution through districts and may contain details that do not apply to your local district’s program. If you are interested in enrolling in courses with Montana Digital Academy, your first contact should be with the counseling department or administration of your local school to discuss what is available locally.
Spring 2017 High School Credit Recovery program details are listed below:
Note: This information is accurate at the time of publication. We will keep this page up to date with changes and announcements as necessary.
- Please download a copy of our academic calendars now! Click here.
- Enrollment opens: Orientation is available on now. Content classes are available on November 7, 2016.
- Deadline for Fall Enrollment: March 31, 2017 (students enrolled before this date will be expected to complete before the end of the Fall semester; after this day, all enrollments become Summer 2017 enrollments.)
- Last day for Spring: May 26, 2017
- End of Extended Semester: June 9, 2017 (no extensions available after this date, no exceptions)
- All students new to the MTDA credit recovery program must complete the mandatory Orientation program. The program is called “Credit Recovery Orientation” in GeniusSIS and must receive a “pass” to be able to enroll in content specific programs. Once a student takes and completes the orientation, they do not need to complete it again.
- The orientation program is approximately 2-3 hours of engagement time, dependent on student skill, reading level and motivation. Students that do not complete orientation in a reasonable amount of time should be considered high need enrollments and provided additional direct support locally.
- Please review our student registration page in the Site Facilitator handbook for information on data collection, entrance counseling, and student registration. That page is here: link.
- Our course list for 2016-2017 is here: link.
Program Changes and Updates
- Mathematics now divided up into parts: In order to facilitate student success in MTDA mathematics courses, all MTDA credit recovery semesters are divided up into parts. Details about the philosophy behind the change and the impact on students and student support are discussed here: link.
Online Training Available to Facilitators and Local Support Staff
In preparation for the upcoming semester, MTDA has created two self-paced orientation workshops to help Site Facilitators and Local Support staff understand their role and expectations in this program. We have partnered with OPI’s online learning network, The Learning Hub, to provide this training as well as the opportunity to receive renewal credit. To get started navigate to the website here. Choose either the Site Facilitator or Local Support Orientation.
End of Semester Information and Procedures
Please review this information carefully as our process has changed to facilitate focusing on active credit recovery students at the end of the semester.
As previously announced in our academic calendar, the Spring 2017 High School Credit Recovery program ends on May 26, 2017. Please view the steps below for local support and/or site facilitators to help MTDA close out the semester.
First, if you have any student enrolled in a credit recovery course that is no longer attending school, inactive, or otherwise not going to finish up, please put in a drop request for those students as soon as possible. This action helps the MTDA staff focus our attention on students that are active and attempting to finish up the course.
Second, if you have a student that is active and needs extra time to complete the course, you may request an extension until June 9th, our late finish deadline. The late finish deadline is designed to account for any circumstance that might have impacted performance in this the course this semester. The June 9, 2017, deadline is the final deadline under any circumstances. NEW: You must request the extension by filling out this form:
Spring 2017 Credit Recovery Extension Request
Note: All extension requests are granted. However, you must request the extension by May 31, 2017, at 5 pm. Otherwise, enrollments will be dropped. Again, this helps our staff focus on active enrollments in active programs.
Third, please note that a student must complete the entire course to qualify for credit. MTDA teachers or support staff are not able to excuse assignments due to pending deadlines.
If you have any questions, we welcome connecting with you via our support desk, firstname.lastname@example.org.