SPRING 2017 ORIGINAL CREDIT FINAL EXAMS
Students in many MTDA original credit courses are required to take final exams in a proctored, secure exam environment.
Rationale: Per the request of both MTDA teachers and participating school district administrators and teachers, MTDA will ask local districts to create a proctored environment for class finals should that be necessary in specific MTDA courses. You can see a list of exams that require proctoring starting April 12, 2017 on this page: PUBLIC Link.
Procedures for proctored exams:
- MTDA will offer student finals during their final exam period, scheduled for May 23-25, 2017.
- NEW this semester, expected exam time frame will be included with pass codes and other exam instructions.
- Proctor exams must be monitored by an adult (for example, a counselor, teacher, administrator or paraprofessional) named by the local site facilitator or school. We have created a document with “best practices” for test proctors (see below). It may not be proctored by a parent or another student.
- The designated proctor must supervise the student for the entire duration of the final exam.
- All proctored exams are pass code protected. The pass codes will be sent to the primary contact from each school, and that person should distribute pass codes to the designated proctors the week of May 2, 2017. It is the responsibility of the local site facilitator to share appropriate pass codes with designated proctors. Pass codes are to remain secure, and shared only with appropriate school personnel.
- Proctored exams mean that students have access to no other materials during the exam, including notes, textbooks, translators or other course materials. Some courses ask for additional factors as noted on the digital pass code sheet.
- Designated proctors must also monitor students to make sure that additional browser windows are not open and that electronic devices like cell phones, iPads, tablet PCs, etc are not being used during the exam.
- No finals will be available before May 23, 2017, with the exception of prior arrangements made for early exiting seniors. All final exams must be completed by May 25, 2017. There will be a makeup day for exams on May 26, 2017 for students with verifiable medical excuses only.
** Spring Tests Only: As in past semesters, some AP courses will require earlier final examinations based on the AP exam schedule for students. **
Please direct questions about proctoring to Christen Cole, MTDA Instructional Registrar, email@example.com, 406-203-1812. Thank you for your cooperation.
Finals Proctoring Information Best Practices
Please print this document for sharing with your named proctored linked HERE.