SY 2023-2024 High School Credit Recovery FlexCAP Briefing
School Year 2023-2024 High School Credit Recovery FlexCAP Briefing
Counselors, Administrators and Site Facilitators
Notice to students and parents: This information is intended for distribution to public school districts and may contain details that do not apply to your local district’s program. If you are interested in utilizing credit recovery services with Montana Digital Academy, your first contact should be to the counseling department and/or school administration of your local public school to discuss what is available locally. Credit recovery courses are not available to students independent of a school-based credit recovery program.
On June 14, 2021, the MTDA Governing Board exercised its authority granted by MCA 20-7-1202 to begin cost-sharing with districts. This applies to the MTDA credit recovery program. Before enrolling any student for the upcoming term, please review our information page regarding payment: link.
- A PO number will be requested upon enrollment for billing.
- MTDA now runs a year-long credit recovery program that is “open entry” (meaning students can be enrolled any time throughout the school year).
- MTDA Credit Recovery is rebranding to FlexCAP (Flexible Credit Alternative Program). This is to more accurately represent the proficiency-based model the program has utilized over the past decade.
- New course versions of Algebra I CR Part 1 & 2, Geometry CR Part 1 & 2, and Algebra II CR Part 1 & 2 are being released. Be advised that when a new version of a course part is released students will start at the beginning of that course part. Students will continue to have the opportunity to test out of a unit with the preassessment.
- The MTDA FlexCAP program is open to enrollment for any student regardless if they have previously failed or not.
Are you new to the MTDA credit recovery FlexCAP program or have you not utilized the program in more than a year? Please contact our support desk to schedule a call to talk about the format and the requirements for support for local schools.
- MTDA credit recovery FlexCAP program continues to be a school-based program where a dedicated local school official is responsible for the proctoring of all assessments in the program. MTDA credit recovery FlexCAP program is not a home or remote-based program.
- MTDA now opens the upcoming school year in the middle of March to allow late spring enrollments that are not participating in a summer credit recovery program the flexibility to start in late spring, pause for the summer, and pick up with their remaining enrollment time in the fall.
- If you are intending a late spring student enrollment to participate in the MTDA summer credit recovery program, the student should be enrolled in the 2023 Summer Credit Recovery term: link
- Please download a copy of our academic calendars now!
- All students new to the MTDA credit recovery program must complete the mandatory Orientation program. The program is called “Credit Recovery FlexCAP Orientation” in GeniusSIS and must receive a “pass” to be able to enroll in content-specific courses. Once a student takes and completes the orientation, they do not need to complete it again. However, some facilitators do ask students to retake the orientation if they were not previously successful in the MTDA CR format. There is no cost-share associated with the orientation.
- The orientation program is approximately 2-3 hours of engagement time, dependent on student skill, reading level, and motivation. Students that do not complete the orientation course in a reasonable amount of time should be considered high-need enrollments and provided additional direct support locally.
- The Credit Recovery FlexCAP Orientation is located under the “short course” term. There is no cost-share for any short courses. Please see important details on the Short Course description page.
- The MTDA FlexCAP Credit Recovery Courses have not been approved by the NCAA due to the flexible nature of the courses. If students are in need of an NCAA-approved course, MTDA’s Original Program courses have all been approved.
- Please review our student registration page in the Site Facilitator handbook for information on data collection, entrance counseling, and student registration. That page is here: link.
Our course list for 2023-2024 is here: LINK.
Online Training Available to Facilitators and Local Support Staff
In preparation for the upcoming semester, MTDA has created two self-paced orientation workshops to help Site Facilitators and Local Support staff understand their role and expectations in this program. We have partnered with OPI’s online learning network, The Learning Hub, to provide this training as well as the opportunity to receive renewal credit. To get started, navigate to the website HERE. Choose either the Site Facilitator or Local Support Orientation.
Enrollment keys are required for both courses. They are:
Site Facilitator course: mtdasite
Local Support course: mtdalocal
If you have any questions, PLEASE don’t hesitate to contact the help desk, email@example.com, or, contact our office via phone, 406-203-1812. We want to help you implement a successful MTDA Credit Recovery FlexCAP program in your school.