Spring 2022 Credit Recovery Briefing Page
Spring 2022 High School Credit Recovery Briefing
Counselors, Administrators and Site Facilitators
Notice to students and parents: This information is intended for distribution to public school districts and may contain details that do not apply to your local district’s program. If you are interested in utilizing credit recovery services with Montana Digital Academy, your first contact should be to the counseling department and/or school administration of your local public school to discuss what is available locally. Credit recovery courses are not available to students independent of a school-based credit recovery program.
On June 14, 2021, the MTDA Governing Board exercised its authority granted by MCA 20-7-1202 to begin cost-sharing with districts in fall 2021. This applies to the MTDA credit recovery program. Before enrolling any student for the upcoming term, please review our information page regarding payment: link.
MTDA continues to monitor COVID-19 situation as it applies to educational services across the State of Montana. At this point, MTDA plans to return to its pre-COVID-19 service model in our program. Specific to credit recovery, MTDA no longer offers its emergency remote-only credit recovery format. All students in the credit recovery program will need to have access to in-school proctoring with school personnel to complete the credit recovery program.
Program Changes, Spring 2022
MTDA has made several changes to its credit recovery program for the 21-22 school year that WILL impact delivery and local support of the program. Program changes include:
- ALL credit recovery courses are now broken down into parts. Students need to take, and pass, both “Part 1” and “Part 2” of the course to qualify for the recommendation of a semester credit.
- MTDA Credit Recovery remains an open-entry program. However, students will receive eleven weeks (55 course days) total (per the MTDA calendar) for completion of each part (roughly akin to a “quarter”), but, no extension is available. This must be closely monitored by local schools to make sure students are completing work in a timely fashion to meet deadlines.
- ALL proctoring passcodes have been updated. Please access updated proctoring passcodes in GeniusSIS.
- Please review the following handout with an overview of the program:
Are you new to the MTDA credit recovery program or have you not utilized credit recovery in more than a year? Please contact our support desk to schedule a call to talk about the format and the requirements for support for local schools.
- Please download a copy of our academic calendars now!
- All students new to the MTDA credit recovery program must complete the mandatory Orientation program. The program is called “Credit Recovery Orientation” in GeniusSIS and must receive a “pass” to be able to enroll in content-specific courses. Once a student takes and completes the orientation, they do not need to complete it again. However, some facilitators do ask students to retake the orientation if they were not previously successful in the MTDA CR format.
- The orientation program is approximately 2-3 hours of engagement time, dependent on student skill, reading level, and motivation. Students that do not complete the orientation course in a reasonable amount of time should be considered high need enrollments and provided additional direct support locally.
- As of Fall 2018, we have moved Credit Recovery Orientation into our “short course” format. It is fundamentally the same as in past years, but, among other options for short courses. Please see important details on the Short Course description page.
- Please review our student registration page in the Site Facilitator handbook for information on data collection, entrance counseling, and student registration. That page is here: link.
Our course list for 2021-2022 is here: LINK.
Course Changes and Updates
- We have rolled out a new version of Health.
Online Training Available to Facilitators and Local Support Staff
In preparation for the upcoming semester, MTDA has created two self-paced orientation workshops to help Site Facilitators and Local Support staff understand their role and expectations in this program. We have partnered with OPI’s online learning network, The Learning Hub, to provide this training as well as the opportunity to receive renewal credit. To get started, navigate to the website HERE. Choose either the Site Facilitator or Local Support Orientation.
Enrollment keys are required for both courses. They are:
Site Facilitator course: mtdasite
Local Support course: mtdalocal
If you have any questions, PLEASE don’t hesitate to contact the help desk, email@example.com, or, contact our office via phone, 406-203-1812. We want to help you implement this in your school!