Spring 2020 High School Credit Recovery Briefing
Spring 2020 High School Credit Recovery Briefing
Counselors, Administrators and Site Facilitators
Notice to students and parents: This information is intended for distribution through districts and may contain details that do not apply to your local district’s program. If you are interested in enrolling in courses with Montana Digital Academy, your first contact should be with the counseling department or administration of your local school to discuss what is available locally.
- After Friday, November 8, 2019, all CR enrollments are considered Spring 2020 enrollments.
- Please review our student registration page for information on data collection and student registration in the site facilitator handbook.
Are you new to the MTDA credit recovery program or have you not utilized credit recovery in more than a year? Please contact our support desk to schedule a call to talk about the format and the requirements for support for local schools.
- Please download a copy of our academic calendars now!
- All students new to the MTDA credit recovery program must complete the mandatory Orientation program. The program is called “Credit Recovery Orientation” in GeniusSIS and must receive a “pass” to be able to enroll in content-specific courses. Once a student takes and completes the orientation, they do not need to complete it again. However, some facilitators do ask students to retake the orientation if they were not previously successful in the MTDA CR format.
- The orientation program is approximately 2-3 hours of engagement time, dependent on student skill, reading level, and motivation. Students that fail to complete the orientation in a reasonable amount of time should be considered high need enrollments and provided additional direct support locally.
- As of Fall 2018, we have moved Credit Recovery Orientation into our “short course” format. It is fundamentally the same as in past years, but, among other options for short courses. Please see important details on the Short Course description page.
- Please review our student registration page in the Site Facilitator handbook for information on data collection, entrance counseling, and student registration. That page is here: link.
Our course list for 2019-2020 is here: LINK.
Program Changes and Updates
- No new information to report.
Online Training Available to Facilitators and Local Support Staff
In preparation for the upcoming semester, MTDA has created two self-paced orientation workshops to help Site Facilitators and Local Support staff understand their role and expectations in this program. We have partnered with OPI’s online learning network, The Learning Hub, to provide this training as well as the opportunity to receive renewal credit. To get started, navigate to the website HERE. Choose either the Site Facilitator or Local Support Orientation.
Enrollment keys are required for both courses. They are:
Site Facilitator course: mtdasite
Local Support course: mtdalocal
End of Semester Information and Procedures
Please review this information carefully as our process has changed to facilitate focusing on active credit recovery students at the end of the semester. This is even more important in light of the challenging circumstances related to Covid-19 this spring. Even though the program is delivered remotely, local support is still required as a minimum participation in the program.
The Spring 2020 High School Credit Recovery program ends on Friday, May 22, 2020. Please review the steps below for local support and/or site facilitators to help MTDA close out the semester.
First, if you have any student enrolled in a credit recovery course that is no longer attending school, inactive, or otherwise not going to finish up, please put in a drop request for those students as soon as possible. This action helps the MTDA staff focus our attention on students that are active and attempting to finish up the course.
Second, if you have a student that is active and needs extra time to complete the course, you may request an extension beginning at today, Wednesday, May 20, 2020. The extension request is due to us on Thursday, May 28, 2020, at 4 pm.
Fall 2020 Credit Recovery Extension Form
Please be mindful when utilizing requests. As there are just three weeks left, the extension is designed for students that are on track to finish with less than a module to complete. The program is not designed to be completed in a short amount of time. We will not check a student’s progress before granting the extension, but, ask you to be in communication with your local student.
Note: All extension requests are granted. However, you must request the extension by the deadline. Otherwise, enrollments will be dropped. Again, this helps our staff focus on active enrollments in active programs.
The final late-finish deadline for courses is Thursday, June 11, 2020, at 5pm. There is no extension available beyond this date. We strongly suggest that you guide students to have all mastery assignments in 48 hours before the end of the final deadline to account for returned assignments and final exams.
Third, please note that a student must complete the entire course to qualify for a credit recommendation from MTDA. MTDA teachers or support staff are not able to excuse assignments due to pending deadlines. If you believe that local circumstances due to Covid-19 justify modified expectations, schools need to resolve that locally.
If you have any questions, PLEASE don’t hesitate to contact the help desk, email@example.com, or, contact our office via phone, 406-203-1812. We want to help you implement this in your school!