High School Original Credit Proctoring Information
Spring 2018 Final Exams
Students in many MTDA original credit courses are required to take final exams in a proctored, secure exam environment.
Rationale: Per the request of both MTDA teachers and participating school district administrators and teachers, MTDA will ask local districts to create a proctored environment for class finals should that be necessary for specific MTDA courses. You can see a list of exams that require proctoring starting April 13, 2018, on this page: PUBLIC Link.
Procedures for proctored exams:
- MTDA will offer student finals during their final exam period, scheduled for May 21-23, 2018. The exam will generally take no longer than two hours, however special instructions may apply by individual course.
- Proctor exams must be monitored by an adult (for example, a counselor, teacher, administrator or paraprofessional) named by the local site facilitator or school. We have created a document with “best practices” for test proctors (see below). It may NOT be proctored by a parent or another student.
- The designated proctor must supervise the student for the entire duration of the final exam.
- All proctored exams are password protected. The passwords will be sent to the primary contact from each school, and that person should distribute passwords to the designated proctors the week of April 30, 2018. It is the responsibility of the local site facilitator to share appropriate passwords with designated proctors. Passwords are to remain secure, and shared only with appropriate school personnel.
- Proctored exams mean that students have access to no other materials during the exam, including notes, textbooks, translators or other course materials. Some courses ask for additional factors as noted on the digital passcode sheet.
- Designated proctors must also monitor students to make sure that additional browser windows are not open and electronic devices like cell phones, iPads, tablet PCs, etc are not being used during the exam.
- No finals will be available before May, 21 2018. All final exams must be completed by May 23, 2018. There will be a makeup period for exams on May 24-25, 2018, for students with verifiable medical excuses only.
Finals Proctoring Information Best Practices
Please print this document for sharing with your named proctored linked HERE.
Please, direct questions about proctoring to Christen Cole, MTDA Instructional Registrar, email@example.com, 406-203-1812. Thank you for your cooperation.