Fall 2016 High School Original Credit Briefing
Counselors, Administrators and Site Facilitators
Notice to students and parents: This information is intended for distribution through districts and may contain details that do not apply to your local district’s program. If you are interested in enrolling in courses with Montana Digital Academy, your first contact should be with the counseling department or administration of your local school to discuss what is available locally.
Montana Digital Academy is pleased to announce open enrollment for its Fall 2016 program for high school original credit. Note: This information is accurate at the time of publication. We will make changes to this page as details change.
- Please review our student registration page for information on data collection, entrance counseling and student registration in the site facilitator handbook. That resource is located here: link.
- Registration for Fall 2016 courses opened in May, 2016. Please prioritize getting in known enrollments as soon as you can in the spring or late summer. We will again enforce our “guaranteed enrollment” deadline on September 1, 2016. We will guarantee placement for students enrolled on or before this date, but, will not add new sections after. Please plan your local enrollment around this deadline.
- Please use the enrollment counseling forms when enrolling students and give a copy of the form to the student after enrollment. This form helps decrease confusion on behalf of the student and their parents and opens up communication lines. Our enrollment counseling page is here: link.
- For all of our year-long courses, enrollment is by semester. For example, if you enroll a student in US History A Fall 2016, you need to enroll students in US History B for the spring semester when enrollment opens in the fall.
- Our course list for 2016-2017 is here: link.
- Our 2016-2017 Academic Calendar is located here: link. MTDA has determined that it will utilize the same start date year to year for future program years. High school original credit courses will start the day after Labor Day each year!
- Our 2016-2017 course catalog is located here: link.
- Important program changes:
- NEW COURSE: AP Computer Science A (year-long)
- RETIRED COURSES: AP Physics 1
- PROGRAM CHANGE: MTDA is retiring “Current Issues in Government” and replacing the course with two government options, one semester (the existing “American Government” course) and year long (the new “American Government Year Long A” and “American Government Year Long B”).