Administrative Associate III
The Administrative Associate III position within Montana Digital Academy supports the administrative staff in all aspects of the operation of the MTDA by completing appropriate University HR, Business Services forms; providing frontline customer support; reconciling orders, organizing invoices for payment, producing reports and maintaining accurate files and records; submitting monthly leave information forms; tracking and submitting all travel documents and expense forms and scheduling car reservations; answering phones; assisting with the student enrollment process; preparing and organizing schedules, meetings and special event organization; preparing presentation and meeting materials; assisting in coordinating the recruitment and hiring process; and sorting and distributing mail.
This position requires the incumbent to develop working knowledge and proficiency in the use of the University of Montana’s Banner and GrizMart systems; and develop working knowledge of University policies and procedures.
- Proficient telephone customer service skills
- Ability to problem solve, multi-task and work quickly and efficiently among frequent interruptions
- Complete projects independently
- Demonstrated excellent customer service and interpersonal relationship skills
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in various computer programs (Excel, Power Point, MS Word, Outlook)
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to file and keep general and confidential records
- Ability to use standard office equipment (i.e. computer, printers, copiers, fax machine, and multi-line phone system) with the ability to learn and operate new equipment and software systems
- High School diploma and at least three (3) years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of MTDA and UM policies and procedures
- Working knowledge of BANNER, GrizMart, Cyberbear, and Business Services travel procedures
- Ability to work with HRS and/or Business Services to assist in coordinating the recruitment and hiring process
- Ability to analyze complex information and discern trends for reporting purposes
About the Montana Digital Academy and the University of Montana
The Montana Digital Academy (MTDA) is the statewide online school for Montana students. MTDA works in conjunction with public schools throughout the state.
The University of Montana is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity as a core value. We support equal access and welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. This position is eligible for veterans’ and disabilities preference in accordance with Montana State Law.
Position Title: Administrative Associate III
Position Number: 292860
Department: Montana Digital Academy
Closing Date: Applications received by April 24, 2016 will be guaranteed full consideration, and applications received after may be considered. Screening begins 4/25/16. Open Until Filled.
Work Schedule: Full-time, 12 months/year, 1.0 FTE
Salary: $12.765/hr – Current employees’s rate of pay for this position will be determined by the staff compensation plan, and may be different from the posted salary. For questions and details regarding the staff compensation plan, email the Compensation Department.
Union Affiliation: MPEA
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include: Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and professional development/wellness program.
How to Apply
To receive full consideration, candidates are required to submit the following materials online at http://bit.ly/1503MTDA
- Letter of Interest – please also address the stated required skills for the position
- Detailed resume listing education and describing work experience
- Names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to Offer of Employment
In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations.
Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law.
References. *References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing. Individual hiring departments at UM-M may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility. All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
Need additional help? Check out our UM Jobs FAQ website.
As a reminder, you must be working for a Montana public school district to work for Montana Digital Academy. Temporary positions like substitutes do not qualify.
Montana Digital Academy seeks LEAD TEACHERS for school year 2016-2017 to direct course curriculum selection and development as well as teaching the first section of the course each semester. MTDA Lead Teachers work with the MTDA Assistant Director/Curriculum Director to evaluate curriculum and mind all sections of the course to guarantee high quality, standards-based instruction. The position may require contract work during Summer 2016 for curriculum adoption/development (not all courses require adoption). The lead teacher also teaches the first section of the course each semester.
- AP Economics
- English III
Montana Digital Academy seeks qualified Montana-licensed teachers to work as online instructors to teach Montana Digital Academy courses for 2016-2017. All online teacher positions are dependent on enrollment, but, MTDA anticipates needs in the following subject areas:
Credit Recovery Coaches
MTDA seeks Credit Recovery Coaches for future semesters to work with MTDA Connect, our flexible credit recovery program.
To apply for an MTDA instructional position, follow these steps:
- Read the job descriptions below as well as the teacher compensation information.
- Download the application below.
- Send a completed application as well as a current resume/CV and a letter of support from a supervisor to the email below.
All positions are open until filled; however, we anticipate evaluating applications as soon as we receive them and scheduling phone or online interviews. All application materials must be emailed only to MTDAteachers@mso.umt.edu. All questions about the teacher application process should be directed to Jason Neiffer, MTDA Assistant Director/Curriculum Director, 406-203-1812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MTDA Lead Teacher/Subject Matter Expert Job Description
- MTDA Online Teacher Job Description
- MTDA Academic Area Coach (Credit Recovery) Job Description