Administrative Associate IV, Montana Digital Academy
- Tracking Code 1595-254
- Job Description
- Administrative Associate IV within the Montana Digital Academy (MTDA) reports directly to the Executive Director of the Montana Digital Academy and serves as the supervising manager and coordinator of all clerical and administrative support for the Montana Digital Academy. In this role this position provides a high level of support for a variety of areas including instructional and course development, teacher recruitment and hiring, enrollment, student and teacher accounts, and customer support for local schools and executive and board support.
This position is also responsible for the development and preparation of all aspects of the MTDA print and electronic informational and promotional/marketing documents; the preparation of all communications for the MTDA Governing Board; managing and executing the recruiting and hiring of new MTDA employees; managing all aspects of the MTDA teacher user accounts; managing the MTDA inter-local agreement process with local schools throughout the state to ensure that agreements are executed with all local schools where an MTDA teacher is employed; and assisting the Budget and Data Manager regarding fiscal affairs.
Concurrently working with the MTDA leadership team the position is responsible for organizing all aspects of MTDA events and conferences, overseeing registration, managing and tracking budget items and acting as the first point of customer service contact for MTDA representing/marketing the Academy. Working concurrently with the Assistant Director/Curriculum Director and the Instructional Program Director, this position is responsible for performing the function of a customer quality assurance technician by providing testing and evaluation of the functionality of MTDA developed courses, simultaneously from the end users (teacher and student) perspectives.
- Demonstrated knowledge of professional office practice and procedures; business English, spelling, composition, and grammar, including the ability to write, edit, and layout documents in a variety of formats suitable for intended audience;
- Demonstrated interpersonal, public relations, and communication skills including the ability to work with a diverse group of individuals;
- Demonstrated knowledge of budgeting and financial planning principles and practices;
- Ability to analyze complex information and discern trends for reporting purposes;
- Demonstrate skill and ability to operate personal computers and related word processing, spreadsheet, design and publishing software;
- Demonstrated skill and ability to operate standard office equipment: printers, copiers, fax machine, multi-line phone system, as well as develop working knowledge of University software systems (Banner, UMDW, etc.);
- Demonstrated organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills and ability to meet deadlines in a busy environment;
- Experience interacting with senior level managers and executives;
- Proven ability to set priorities, delegate tasks, meet deadlines, maintain strict confidentiality, planning/goal setting, and pay close attention to detail.
- High School diploma and at least four (4) years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and three (3) years of related work experience;
- Experience communicating with the public in particular parents, students and local school personnel and knowledge of public schools in Montana;
- Experience working effectively with both small and large groups of diverse individuals;
- Broad knowledge of Montana Digital Academy and UM procedures;
- Experience in developing Board level executive communication, agendas, and recording and preparing minutes;
- Experience designing and editing promotional materials for the K-12 education market;
- Experience with online quality assurance processes;
About Montana Digital Academy and the University of Montana
The Montana Digital Academy (MTDA) is the statewide online school for Montana students. MTDA works in conjunction with public schools throughout the state.
The University of Montana is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity as a core value. We support equal access and welcome applications from individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. This position is eligible for veterans’ and disabilities preference in accordance with Montana State Law.
Position Title: Administrative Associate IV
Position Number: 065960
Department: Montana Digital Academy
Closing Date: Applications received by August 14, 2016 will be guaranteed full consideration, and applications received after may be considered. Screening begins 8/15/16. Open Until Filled.
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), 12 months/year
Salary: $15.106/hr – Current employee’s rate of pay for this position will be determined by the staff compensation plan, and may be different from the posted salary. For questions and details regarding the staff compensation plan, email theCompensation Department.
Union Affiliation: MPEA
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include: Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and professional development/wellness program.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to submit the following materials online via “New Resume/CV” button at http://bit.ly/1595MTDA. Step 5 “Attachments” in the online application process is where you may upload additional materials. Only five (5) attachments are allowed per application. Please combine documents accordingly.
- Letter of Interest – please also address the stated required skills for the position
- Detailed resume listing education and describing work experience
- Names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to Offer of Employment
In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations.
Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law.
References. *References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing. Individual hiring departments at UM-M may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility. All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
As a reminder, you must be working for a Montana public school district to work for Montana Digital Academy. Temporary positions like substitutes do not qualify.
Montana Digital Academy seeks LEAD TEACHERS for school year 2016-2017 to direct course curriculum selection and development as well as teaching the first section of the course each semester. MTDA Lead Teachers work with the MTDA Assistant Director/Curriculum Director to evaluate curriculum and mind all sections of the course to guarantee high quality, standards-based instruction. The position may require contract work during summer for curriculum adoption/development (not all courses require adoption). The lead teacher also teaches the first section of the course each semester.
- None at this time.
Montana Digital Academy seeks qualified Montana-licensed teachers to work as online instructors to teach Montana Digital Academy courses for 2016-2017. All online teacher positions are dependent on enrollment, but, MTDA anticipates needs in the following subject areas:
Credit Recovery Coaches
MTDA seeks Credit Recovery Coaches for future semesters to work with MTDA Connect, our flexible credit recovery program.
- None at this time.
To apply for an MTDA instructional position, follow these steps:
- Read the job descriptions below as well as the teacher compensation information.
- Download the application below.
- Send a completed application as well as a current resume/CV and a letter of support from a supervisor to the email below.
All positions are open until filled; however, we anticipate evaluating applications as soon as we receive them and scheduling phone or online interviews. All application materials must be emailed only to MTDAteachers@mso.umt.edu. All questions about the teacher application process should be directed to Jason Neiffer, MTDA Assistant Director/Curriculum Director, 406-203-1812 or email@example.com.
- MTDA Lead Teacher/Subject Matter Expert Job Description
- MTDA Online Teacher Job Description
- MTDA Academic Area Coach (Credit Recovery) Job Description