EdReady Montana Secondary and Higher Education Ambassadors Wanted
The MTDA EdReady Montana project is seeking to hire Secondary and Higher Education Ambassadors to serve as the key communication and training link between the Montana Digital Academy’s EdReady Montana team and universities, the public and private schools in Montana. The Ambassador will be assigned by geographic region and will establish regular communication with the higher education or secondary schools (Grades 7-12) in that region.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Experience as a public school teacher or administrator
- Experience providing professional development and training to educators
Preferred Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships with staff, faculty, and administrators
- Ability to travel regularly within assigned region
Length of Employment
- October to May (26-30 Weeks)
- 8-10 hours per week
- $30 per hour
- Plus travel reimbursement
For more information contact:
EdReady Program Manager
Administrative Office Positions
Montana Digital Academy (MTDA) is seeking an EdReady Montana Instructional Registrar and Manager. Under the supervision of the MTDA EdReady Montana Program Manager, the EdReady Montana Instructional Registrar and Manager is an integral part of the management and operation of all aspects of course enrollment and instructional program operations of the EdReady Montana Program. This position is responsible for the operation of the EdReady Montana online program enrollment, registration, data evaluation, reporting processes, marketing and school customer support, and helpdesk management. This person will also strategically design and deliver appropriate training for local school site facilitators and other staff.
Enrollment and Registration
- Manage and streamline the EdReady Montana enrollment, course/goal and account creation processes.
- Design and deliver appropriate training for local school staff i.e. site facilitators, counselors, principals etc.
- Provide one-on-one consultation for administrators, faculty and staff at local Montana middle schools, high schools, colleges and universities.
- Create, update and disseminate site facilitator training materials and student educational materials for the current version of EdReady Montana and other software applications for instruction.
- Design and customize trainings related to unique needs of local schools.
Learning Management and Student Information System Support
- Design and implement EdReady Montana and GeniusSIS support for regional ambassadors and local school faculty, administrators and staff.
- Direct the customization of the appearance and operation of the EdReady Montana system, including the development of course/goal templates.
- Ensure that the EdReady Montana software is integrated with other MTDA systems, including Genius SIS or other systems as needed.
Data Evaluation and Reporting
- Research and test new technologies dealing with EdReady Montana-related topics and mixed mode teaching and learning delivery.
- Stay abreast of research and practice related to course development to ensure that MTDA and EdReady Montana training is on the leading edge.
- Compile enrollment and achievement evaluation data for reporting and maintaining student records.
- Promote EdReady Montana Program use cases through social media, webinars and training sessions via EdReady Montana website and other systems as necessary
- Manage the EdReady Montana website to promote the EdReady Montana Program “getting started” process.
- Develop, conduct and refine the orientation process for EdReady Montana regional ambassadors.
- Coordinate marketing strategy with the office of Integrated Communications at UM.
- Present at State and National conferences.
- Demonstrated expertise and knowledge of using OER in blended learning environments and in working in a cloud-based environment (including Google Apps, Gmail, Google Drive).
- Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-related skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and proficiencies with Microsoft Office products.
- Willingness to learn new or emerging technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision while maintaining high level, quality work and output.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, results-oriented environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in education or related field
- One to three (1-3) years of experience in customer service or related field
- Experience as an online teacher or student preferred.
- Experience in an educational administrative environment is preferred.
How to Apply
Please submit applications online at http://bit.ly/1199mtda. Review of applications will begin March 31, 2015 and will continue until filled.
Complete applications must include:
- A letter of interest addressing the required experience and qualification for position.
- A current resume/CV listing education and describing work experience.
- Names and contact information for three (3) professional references.
ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran’s Preference Employer. Finalists must submit to a criminal background check.
As a reminder, you must be working for a Montana public school district to work for Montana Digital Academy. Temporary positions like substitutes do not qualify.
Montana Digital Academy seeks LEAD TEACHERS for school year 2013-2014 to direct course curriculum selection and development as well as teaching the first section of the course each semester. MTDA Lead Teachers work with the MTDA Curriculum Director to evaluate curriculum and mind all sections of the course to guarantee high quality, standards-based instruction. The position may require contract work during Summer 2013 for curriculum adoption/development (not all courses require adoption). The lead teacher also teaches the first section of the course each semester.
- Computer Science/Coding (2014-2015 School Year)
Montana Digital Academy seeks qualified Montana-licensed teachers to work as online instructors to teach Montana Digital Academy courses for 2013-2014. All online teacher positions are dependent on enrollment, but, MTDA anticipates needs in the following subject areas:
- Algebra II
- US History
Credit Recovery Coaches
MTDA seeks Credit Recovery Coaches for 2014-2015 to work with MTDA Connect, our flexible credit recovery program. For Fall we anticipate need for credit recovery specialists in:
- English/Language Arts
- Social Studies
To apply for an MTDA instructional position, follow these steps:
- Read the job descriptions below as well as the teacher compensation information.
- Download the application below.
- Send a completed application as well as a current resume/CV and a letter of support from a supervisor to the email below.
All positions are open until filled; however, we anticipate evaluating applications as soon as we receive them and scheduling phone or online interviews. All application materials must be emailed only to MTDAteachers@mso.umt.edu. All questions about the teacher application process should be directed to Jason Neiffer, MTDA Curriculum Director, 406-480-6832 or jason.neiffer (at) montanadigitalacademy.org.
- MTDA Lead Teacher/Subject Matter Expert Job Description
- MTDA Online Teacher Job Description
- MTDA Academic Area Coach (Credit Recovery) Job Description